What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of text that websites send to the browser and is stored into the user's terminal, which may be a personal computer, a mobile phone, tablet, etc.. These files allow the web site to remember information about your visit, such as language and preferred options, which can facilitate your next visit and make the site more useful to personalize your content. Cookies play a very important role to enhance the experience of using the web.
How are cookies used?
By browsing this website you are accepting that cookies may be installed in your computer, and allow us to obtain the following information:
- Statistical information about use of the website.
- User's log to maintain session of the website active.
- Format of preferred web access from mobile devices.
- Last searches over web services and data customizatition of these services.
- Information about the ads displayed to user.
- Information over user's participation surveys.
- Data of connection with social networks for users that access with their Facebook or Twitter user's name.
Types of cookies used
This website uses both cookies: temporaries per session and permanent. Session cookies store information only while users access the web and permanet cookies store data in the terminal to be accesed and used in more than one session.
According with website purpose data obtained through cookies, can be used for:
Those that allow the user to navigate through the website or application and use of the various options or services thereby. For example, to control traffic and communication of data, identify session, gain access to restricted website parts, collect order items, request registration application or participate in an event, use security features during navigation and store contents for video's release or sound.
Those that allow users to access the service with some features of general character predefined in your terminal, or those defined through own's user. For example: language, type of browser for access to service, design of selected contents, terminal geolocation and local configuration for access to the service.
Are those that enable effective management of the advertising spaces included on the website or application from which the service is provided. They allow adapt the advertising content relevant to the user and to avoid show ads that the user has already seen.
Statistical analysis cookies
Those that allow monitoring and analysis user's behavior on websites. Information gathered through such cookies is used for measuring the activity of websites, application or platform, and to ellaborate user's navigation's profie of said sites, in order to improve the service according with usage of data provided by users.
third party cookies
On some web pages third part cookies can be installed for administration and improvement of services offered. For example, Google Analytics and Comscore statistical services.
How to manage cookies in the browser?
The user has the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on its computer by setting browser options installed in the terminal:
To set permissions related with cookies in Google Chrome browser:
- Click the menu at the toolbar.
- Select Settings
- Click Show advanced options
- At the "Privacy" section click the Content Settings button.
- At the cookies section you can configure the options.
To set permissions related to cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- At the top of the Firefox window click the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- In Firefox you can select the option Use to customaize settings for history configutation.
To Set permissions related with cookies in Internet Explorer 9 browser:
- At the top of the window of Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu.
- Select the Security tab and use Delete Browsing History to delete cookies. Enable cookies check box, and then click Delete.
- Select the Security tab, and enter Settings. Move the slider control up top to block all cookies or totally down to allow all cookies. After that, click Accept.
In some browsers specific rules can be set forth for cookies administration per website, this offers a more accurate control over privacy. This means you can disable cookies for all sites except those trusted.